Tuesday, September 02, 2008

quote,unquote

Obama-McCain/Hurricane Gustav/Evacuation of New Orleans/Oil prices/Georgia-Russia/Iraq-Bush... its one global orgy I tell you..... and on a much smaller scale.... I have come off a week of nights.... a week of carrying the trauma page, which afforded me the 'privilege' me to take part in another orgy of sorts. One of bloods, exposed pulsating ulnar arteries, 14 year old sons who bite their fathers' finger off, slashed wrists form drunken falls, bottle fights, and some. Its been a busy week, and as much as I enjoyed it, working nights can be a dreadfully anti-social existence and I'm glad for this brief reprieve.
Anyways, I was reading this afternoon and stumbled upon some really amazing quotes that made me smile.... just what I needed after a week that didn't stop! These are just a few....


Do I love you because you're beautiful,
Or are you beautiful because I love you?

~Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II, Cinderella~

An old man in love is like a flower in winter.
~Anon~

All love is probationary, a fact which frightens women and exhilarates men.
~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966~


A man reserves his true and deepest love not for the species of woman in whose company he finds himself electrified and enkindled, but for that one in whose company he may feel tenderly drowsy.

~George Jean Nathan~

...and finally.. I thought this was just perfect,absolutely brilliant.This one was written for me!!!! Hahah those of you who know me well will understand!;)

INFATUATION is when you think he's as sexy as Robert Redford, as smart as Henry Kissinger, as noble as Ralph Nader, as funny as Woody Allen, and as athletic as Jimmy Conners.
LOVE is when you realize that he's as sexy as Woody Allen, as smart as Jimmy Connors, as funny as Ralph Nader, as athletic as Henry Kissinger and nothing like Robert Redford - but you'll take him anyway.

~Judith Viorst, Redbook, 1975~

No comments: