Friday, January 16, 2009

of the final scene

Rummaging through my DVDs, I rediscovered one of my all time favourite childhood movies....... ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE. I remember getting my parents to play and re-play and re-play the record soundtrack, whilst I tried desperately to imitate the dancers in this,ingeniously orchestrated finale..........
they were swans, beautiful creatures that dazzled... me not so much!



I sing the Body Electric
I sing the me yet to come.
I toast to my own reunion
When I become one with the sun.

And I'll look back on Venus,
I'll look back on Mars.
And I'll burn with the fire of 10 million stars,
And in time, and in time,
We will all be stars.

I sing the Body Electric,
I glory in the glow of rebirth.
Creating my tomorrow,
When I shall embody the earth.

And I'll serenade Venus,
I'll serenade Mars.
And I'll burn with the fire of 10 million stars,
And in time and in time,
We will all be stars.


"The Body Electric" from Fame,The Movie

No comments: