Thursday, April 19, 2012

i

Ideals! We all have them.... some inculcated over the course of our upbringing, some from ideas that we stumble upon in the books that we read and make us think about various issues/concepts in a multi-tangential manner, from movies that touch our hearts- be it a an entire production or just a fleeting scene, from songwriters that wax lyrical about love and life and everything in between, and finally ideals that are borne of epiphanies from our everyday experience of life as we know it.

Is Idealism,especially in this day and age fraught with skepticism,toxic cynisicm, realism, dangerous? Does an idealist condemn themself to a life of dissapointment,social alienation, mental and emotional isolation??
Is one considered to be a 'child', naive,delusional and just blatantly stupid if they still hold on to certain ideas that they treasure-refusing to let go of the possiblity that they do exist- and by extension refuses to settle for anything less??
I am fully aware that we don't live in a perfect world and frankly I think it would be an extremely monotonous existence if everything was perfect.There would be no contrast- beauty and love and peace and happiness would all be painted in a single tone, making for a very bland canvas.

I am 30 now, and one thing is for sure,(and much to my own disspointment and chagrin)- over the last 17 years,part of me has succumbed and resigned to the fact that maybe what I seek out in life is too much......and that maybe it really only does exist in what everyone quotes as "in an ideal world.....". Part of me has surrended to the brow beating, ridiculing,negating and side way looks that usually follow my expression of a principle or view point of how I see certain things.

The other part of me somewhere deep deep down still believes that there is that one true great magnanimous love- someone who is my true north. I still believe that there is such a thing as true unconditional,unfailing and forever binding friendship. Finally, as trying and as difficult as it is to even envision it,I cling to the hope that one day,human beings will be able to co-exist in a world without borders,as races without colour in faith without religions.

These are my ideals and therein lies my hope.....

Will I find some peace and happiness,if I let them go and live in stoic acceptance and endurance of the current status quo?

What's left then???


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hermes beltsHermes Belts xwfj Hermes Handbags2013 Hermes Handbags flvr

Anonymous said...

Ahaa, its nice discussion about this paragraph at this place at
this website, I have read all that, so at this time me also
commenting at this place.

Feel free to surf to my web site laser cellulite treatment