Sunday, June 29, 2008

2 weeks to a lifetime

I finally got round to watching the highly anticipated silver screen presentation of Sex And The City, and am delighted to report that there were no disappointments. The scenes of New York, aerial views of Central Park, the Brooklyn Bridge, neighbourhoods in The Village are still and always will be magical. I reckon this is one of those chick-flicks that every single female,be them single, married, divorced, jilted, in the perfect relationship would be able to identify with. I say this with the greatest of confidence because the resounding theme throughout the movie was the on-going, lifelong search for that elusive phenomenon called LOVE, which brings me to my next point....

Love..... everybody wants to fall in love! Everybody wants to belong to someone else...to have their life mean something to someone else. But nothing is ever easy or simple with this thing called love. It isn't like the fairy tales.... or then again may be it is, the only difference is that in Cinderella and Snow White, we never hear of what happens after Prince Charming rescues the damsel in distress and kisses her as they ride off into the setting sun. Would our lives feel less lived in, less tangible, if we never found true love??

Love... they say it conquers all. John Lennon sang that "Love is All You Need". I used to believe that with all of my heart, but as the years glide by and I watch so many friends break up and break down, many not for the lack of love... I am beginning to question that ideal. Is love really enough??? Why is it that so many a time, people find the love of their lives, their soul mates.... but always end up having to say goodbye to it and inevitably end up settling for the next best thing???
I wish it were simple.

Love... it is a funny thing......I hope you all experience great love in your lives... you know, the stuff movies are made of.I hope you'll make a connection so imperfectly perfect with that one other person on this earth that it takes your breath away.
Maybe it lasts a day, 2 weeks....(and for the lucky ones, a lifetime).... but you would have had that euphoric flight, and it will always be apart of you... until the end of time.

No comments: